Early-registration pricing ends March 31.
Join thousands of PTA parent-volunteer advocates and leaders along with educators and community leaders in San Jose on April 28-30, 2017, to address education, health and community issues affecting our state’s kids and families.
California State PTA is looking for a handful of dedicated volunteers willing to work three full-time days at the 2017 California State PTA Annual Convention in San Jose. We will provide parking and a non-voting convention registration.
Volunteers will be working primarily in the PTA Store, and will have an opportunity attend at least one workshop. Additionally, because the PTA Store is closed on Sunday, volunteers may attend any Sunday workshops and the final general meeting, too.
- Dates: Thursday, April 27 to Saturday, April 29
- Time: 8 am to 7 pm, each day (with scheduled breaks)
SIGN UP TODAY
Please forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new California School Dashboard was released to the public on March 15th. You will be able to see a report card on how your school and school district did last year on multiple measures. How did your school do? How are students doing?
Resources to learn more:
- An easy-to-use online tool for navigating the state’s groundbreaking new accountability and continuous improvement system.
- Because comparisons can be useful and helpful, EdSource has created a searchable and sortable chart that enables a user to see all of the schools by city, county and school district, with their color ratings on all available indicators. They can be sorted by level of performance, from red to blue – lowest to highest – or blue to red, to identify best performing schools.
CDE: Getting to Know the California Dashboard
CCEE: California School Dashboard Roadshow [Workshops]
- Saturday, March 18, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm [Oakland]
- Thursday, March 30, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm [San Jose]
- Have you seen your colors? Confused about the multiple metrics? Not sure what this is all about? Learn about California’s new education accountability system by registering for free workshops on the Dashboard and the LCAP.
In cooperation with City of San Jose Councilman Raul Peralez’s office and Olinder Elementary School, neighbors, teachers and friends are hosting a donation drive for all affected by the flooding.
Sunday, March 12 from 7:00 am to Noon
Olinder Elementary School
890 East William Street [map
San Jose, CA 95116
Items needed the most:
- Couches, tables, mattresses, chairs, blankets and sheets
- Clothes for all ages including school uniforms
- Kids toys and books
- Rugs, carpeting, and flooring
- Outdoor furniture
- Other gently used household goods
- Canned food & bottled water
As the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the nation, PTA is the conscience of the country for children and youth issues. Through advocacy, family and community education, PTA has established programs and called for legislation that improves our children’s lives, such as:
- Creation of Kindergarten Classes
- Child-Labor Laws
- Public-Health Service
- Hot and Healthy Lunch Programs
- Juvenile-Justice System
- Sex Education
- Mandatory Immunization
- Arts in Education
- School Safety.
On February 17
, we celebrate the legacy and work of our founders to better the lives of every child in education, health and safety. This is a time not only to reflect, but to look forward to the work still to be done on behalf of children. Learn more
about the PTA story, share
ready-to-use resources and tune in to Facebook Live February 17 at 9 a.m.
to watch California State PTA’s celebration!
March 10th 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
San Jose Museum of Art
110 S. Market St.
San Jose, CA 9511