Saturday, Sept 10, 2016
Peterson Middle School
1380 Rosalia Avenue, Sunnyvale
Your day includes continental breakfast, three workshops, lunch, class materials & fun for a $20 registration fee. Please see the full Fall Leadership Training schedule, workshop descriptions & details on the Sixth District website: http://www.capta6.org/training. Register online until September 6; after September 6, registration is $25 at the door.
Our schedule for the day is as follows:
8:00am – 8:30am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30am – 9:15am: Welcome and Association Meeting
9:15am – 9:30am: Break
- Inspiring and Motivating Volunteers
- Finance for All Officers
- Advocacy Reflections
- Lo Básico de la PTA (en español)
- Vendor & Resource Fair and PTA Store too.
More Information and Schedule
Building your PTA membership can really pay off for your school. Not only will your PTA have the support of parents and families, but your PTA could qualify for awesome membership challenge incentives.
The California State PTA membership theme for the 2016-2017 school year is…DO GOOD THINGS FOR KIDS – JOIN PTA. The theme is a reminder that, just by joining PTA, you are helping your child and your local PTA, adding your voice to advocacy efforts on behalf of all children and sending a strong message that you support children and families.
This year, we are launching the “DO GOOD THINGS FOR YOUR PTA MEMBERSHIP” challenge with several options to qualify. The challenge is designed to support PTAs in their marketing efforts and to share some strategies about how to share the good things your PTA is doing for kids. Complete at least seven strategies — three required and four optional — and your PTA will receive an exclusive ribbon at convention, receive a mention on California State PTA’s website and qualify for a chance to win some money for your PTA.
All PTAs in good standing that qualify will be entered into a drawing to win one of three cash prizes: $1,500, $500 and $250.
Applications must be received by March 10, 2017, by 5 p.m. to qualify.
Submit applications by March 10, 2017 by 5 p.m. to qualify. There are two ways to send your application directly to California State PTA:
- Complete the online application (preferred)
- Mail applications to California State PTA, ATTN: Membership Challenge Application, 2327 L Street, Sacramento, CA, 95816
There’s a lot that happens during term transitions. Here are some resources to help!
- Preparing for Fall PTA Finances — Budgeting. Forms. Financial procedures. Oh, my! Get the scoop on how to start your 2016-2017 PTA year on firm financial footing. Check it out!
- Activities of the Board-Elect — The smooth transition of outgoing and incoming board members and officers is of vital importance and can determine your PTA’s leadership success for years to come. The transition process is the responsibility of both incoming and outgoing officers and board members. It gives closure to those leaving their positions and allows those coming in to be properly prepared. A good process of transition provides an opportunity for outgoing members to evaluate their work and efforts while giving suggestions to new board members on what they wish they had done differently. Get more information for new board members.
- Procedure Books — Procedure Books are excellent tools to assist the incoming officers with information on how the work of their position went the previous year, contacts, and other information which is vital to how to do their position this year. Find out more.
Thursday, March 31
6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Want to get your PTA tweeting? CAPTA will show you how!
Twitter is a free, simple social-media service that’s great for PTAs to communicate and stay connected with your school community.
If you’ve always wanted to learn about how to use Twitter to help raise visibility and engagement, if you’re just starting and need some advice or if you’ve been tweeting for a while and are seeking more tips, PTA leaders who are professionals in the social-media field are here for you:
- Set-up — Everything you need to know about setting up a Twitter account and making it PTA-ready
- Twitter basics — Character limits, replying, retweeting, hashtags and more
- Best practices — What to tweet, how often and why
- Automation — Make Twitter even easier by scheduling your tweets
- Family engagement — Use Twitter to increase family engagement in your school community.
Please join us at the annual San Jose Unified Council of PTAS Luncheon
We will be honoring PTA members from the San Jose Unified School District who have done so much to benefit our students
The luncheon will be held on April 22, 2016 at the Loft Bar and Bistro. Located in downtown San Jose from 11 am to 1 pm. The cost is $25 per person. Please RSVP Mary Ruiz by April 8, 2016. Checks must accompany the reservation. Please fill out the form and make checks payable to San Jose Council of PTAs. Mail to: San Jose Council PTA, c/o Mary Ruiz 4226 Meg Drive, San Jose, CA 95136.
Questions: (408) 674-6094 or firstname.lastname@example.org