Pioneer High School is holding it’s second annual mattress fundraiser in support of the Pioneer Performing Arts Boosters program.
The fundraiser will be held on November 18th from 10 AM to 5 PM in the Performing Arts Center at Pioneer High School. If you’re thinking of getting a new mattress, we will be offering a wide selection of name brand mattresses at 50% off retail.
Proceeds from the event go towards buying and servicing musical instruments for the music program, buying props and equipment for the drama program and providing scholarships to students who otherwise could not afford to participate in a performing arts program.
- What subject does my student like most? Least?
- What can I do to help my student with subjects he finds difficult?
- How can I help my student study? Prepare for class? Improve his work? A good time to ask these questions is when the teacher gives you samples of your son’s or daughter’s work.
- Is my student trying as hard as he/she can?
- Does my student participate in class discussions and activities?
- Is my student in different classes or groups for different subjects? Which ones? How are the groups determined?
- How well does my student get along with others?
- Has my student missed classes?
- Have you noticed changes in the way my student acts? For example, have you noticed squinting, tiredness, or moodiness that might be a sign of physical or other problems?
- How are you measuring my student’s progress? Through tests? Portfolios? Class participation? Projects?
- What kinds of tests do you give? What do the tests show about my student’s progress? How does my student handle taking tests?
FUHSD Professional Learning Ctr (rear building)
Fremont Union High School District Office,
589 W Fremont Ave, Sunnyvale [map] [campus map]
RSVPs appreciated, but not required.
- Adequate funding: Even with the Prop 55 extension of Prop. 30 taxes, our funding is below average, and California’s schools rank in the bottom 5. LCFF improves equity, but does not address adequacy. How can we restore long-term increased stable funding for our children’s schools?
- Raising Teacher Status: In countries with high-performing schools, teachers are better trained, better paid, better supported, and better respected than in the US. How can we change the way we view the teaching profession, so that we can better recruit and retain and properly compensate our children’s teachers?
- Early Childhood Education: Santa Clara County’s Superintendent of Schools says the County Office’s work on early learning is its highest priority project. How can we improve access to high quality, affordable, early learning for allof California’s children?
Dramatic, disturbing news events can leave parents speechless. These age-based tips on how to talk to kids about the news — and listen, too — can help.
DATE AND TIME
Mon, September 25, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
Willow Glen High School Cafeteria
2001 Cottle Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125