The CAPTA financial mailing should have arrived in your mailbox. It has your unit’s insurance policy for 2017, information about the required government filings, and the required Workers’ Compensation form. It has information about how to fill out the forms and how to apply for additional insurance coverage if your unit needs it. This packet is important!
Pioneer High School PTSA is hoping to enhance Pioneer’s Science Program and to make it super easy they have created a Go Fund Me page. They have a list of items and activities that will continue to advance the program. If you can help in any way please follow the link below. Every dollar is appreciated!
Surviving Junior and Senior Year
A Guide to College Transition
Jerrold Lee Shapiro, PhD
Monday, 11/14/16 at 7:00 PM
Lincoln High School-Media Center
- October pages (pages 10 – 11)
- Celebrate Red Ribbon Week (Oct 23 – 31)
- Taxes – due officially to IRS, FTB, and AG no later than Nov 15
- Founder’s Day – Start planning now for February Info
- A Brief History: Working Together for Children Since 1897
- Budget and Budget (sample)
- Financial Motions for the First Association Meeting
- Contracts – Info on CAPTA and in Toolkit
- Insurance Premium – $221 for units
- Fiduciary Agreements – Info and Form
- Event Planning – Info and Event Planning Form
- Thanking Volunteers
- Changes to your roster
- Apply for Scholarships and Grants
- Monthly Checklist
Three things you can do to build membership this week.
Many PTAs are beginning to shift gears to focus on programs and services that connect families, schools and communities. During this time, it’s also important to keep the excitement going for PTA membership. Here are three easy but effective things you can do this week to help build membership:
- Ask three family members or friends to join PTA. It’s that simple!
- Introduce yourself to three new parents at school. Share with them the value of PTA and ask them to join, too!
- Download and share this new PTA membership flier — available in six languages — with your school community!
1380 Rosalia Avenue, Sunnyvale
8:00am – 8:30am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30am – 9:15am: Welcome and Association Meeting
9:15am – 9:30am: Break
- Inspiring and Motivating Volunteers
- Finance for All Officers
- Advocacy Reflections
- Lo Básico de la PTA (en español)
- Vendor & Resource Fair and PTA Store too.
Building your PTA membership can really pay off for your school. Not only will your PTA have the support of parents and families, but your PTA could qualify for awesome membership challenge incentives.
The California State PTA membership theme for the 2016-2017 school year is…DO GOOD THINGS FOR KIDS – JOIN PTA. The theme is a reminder that, just by joining PTA, you are helping your child and your local PTA, adding your voice to advocacy efforts on behalf of all children and sending a strong message that you support children and families.
This year, we are launching the “DO GOOD THINGS FOR YOUR PTA MEMBERSHIP” challenge with several options to qualify. The challenge is designed to support PTAs in their marketing efforts and to share some strategies about how to share the good things your PTA is doing for kids. Complete at least seven strategies — three required and four optional — and your PTA will receive an exclusive ribbon at convention, receive a mention on California State PTA’s website and qualify for a chance to win some money for your PTA.
All PTAs in good standing that qualify will be entered into a drawing to win one of three cash prizes: $1,500, $500 and $250.
Applications must be received by March 10, 2017, by 5 p.m. to qualify.
Submit applications by March 10, 2017 by 5 p.m. to qualify. There are two ways to send your application directly to California State PTA:
- Complete the online application (preferred)
- Mail applications to California State PTA, ATTN: Membership Challenge Application, 2327 L Street, Sacramento, CA, 95816