It’s back-to-school time! Read on for a few tips to make this school year the best yet for your child:
- Family engagement is the key to success – Decades of research proves that family engagement helps kids perform better in school and overall in their lives. Read with your child, help them with homework, stay connected with their teachers to help your child do their very best, ask questions about your child’s day and ensure they are prepared and on time for school each day. And join your local PTA! Parent engagement impacts student success and well-being far more than parents’ income, education or ZIP code.
- Be prepared for the school year – Give your student the best head-start they can get by being ready for the new school year when school begins. Connect with local organizations and resources to ensure your child has school supplies, new clothes and anything else they need, be sure to know when their school day begins and ends, connect with other parents in your area and keep yourself organized to make school mornings easier on your family.
- Engage with PTA – Join a local PTA at your child’s school or start your own! Download and print the “Why PTA” flier – available in six languages – to learn why your school needs a PTA. Encourage other parents at your child’s school to become more involved in their child’s education by joining the PTA. Learn more here.
As a member of California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
We don’t want you to have to feel guilty, so lift that carpet and …
- Send in your roster for 2017-2018
- Sign up for training on Saturday, May 20
- Send in any remaining membership dues
- Transition with the incoming board
- Last but not least, breathe in breathe out, you will survive the end of the year rush
Thursday, April 27
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos St [map
Membership card required for access
If you not able to attend convention full or part-time, then Thursday afternoon is your opportunity to visit the Exhibit Hall and PTA Store for free.
Check out the Exhibit Hall to gain ideas and information for fundraising, assemblies and programs for your school. Get the latest ideas for child and school safety, educational programs, health and fitness education and much more.
Shop at the California State PTA Store and save on shipping costs.
The PTA Store has a complete line of the latest PTA/PTSA merchandise and supplies for your association. Pick up stickers, reflection items, lapel pins, outgoing president pin, volunteer thank you gifts, just to name a few.
When you arrive at the convention center, go to the convention registration desk to present your membership card (paper or e-card) and receive your wristband.
Caution: Do not sign any contracts which will commit your association in the next term. Remember: All contracts must be approved by your association prior to signing any contract, and must be signed by your association president and one other board member.
Don’t have a membership card, please check first with your PTA membership VP or president to receive a card.
You are cordially invited to the Sixth District PTA Convention Dinner:
Complete the invite form and return to Vandana Kaushal
Early-registration pricing ends March 31.
Join thousands of PTA parent-volunteer advocates and leaders along with educators and community leaders in San Jose on April 28-30, 2017, to address education, health and community issues affecting our state’s kids and families.