The Nominating Committee met on February 18, 2020, to consider eligible candidates for the 2020-2021 term of office for the Council.
Honorary Service Awards are awarded throughout the year and designed as a unique way for PTA units, councils and districts to publicly acknowledge both individuals and organizations for outstanding community service to children and youth in a community. All funds collected with this program are used exclusively to support the California State PTA scholarship and grant programs. More information Honorary Service Award
San Jose Unified Council of PTAs
Council Honorary Service Award
Please complete this form and mail/email by March 1st to: Laura Raimondi
5877 Porto Alegre Dr. San Jose, 95120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The San Jose Unified Council of PTAs is requesting your nominations for our council’s Honorary Service Awards. We ask PTAs and individuals to please take some time to consider someone you know (not necessarily someone from PTA) who has given outstanding service to children. The awards will be presented at the annual luncheon on March 29, 2019.
- Secretary’s Guide
- PTA Budget and Tax Tips
- Make Your Members Matter
- How to Audit PTA Books
- Advocacy 101
- Finance for All Officers
- Communicating in Today’s PTA/PTSA
- Finding & Motivating Volunteers
- Positive PTA Programs
- Understanding Culture
- PTA 411
PTA elections are taking place this month…..check out the job descriptions:
Positions currently filled for next year….and available positions:
President Laura Raimondi
Executive Vice President Open
1st VP, Membership Marc McGeever
2nd VP, Communication Open
3rd VP, Parent Education Open
Treasurer Terri Jimenez
Financial Secretary Christine Gray
- For every 4.5 hour shift you work, you can attend any other half-day at the Convention for free.
- Full-time: $219 (price increases April 1 to $269)
- One day: $99 (price increases April 1 to $149)
Only on December 7 – 8, 2017!
Open a ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan and get a $50 Target gift card! This savings plan provides 100 percent tax-free growth and the opportunity to have up to 25 percent more money for college. On December 7 – 8, 2017, open your ScholarShare 529 account with $50 and set up an Automatic Contribution Plan of $25 or more for 6 months to get your $50 gift card.
ScholarShare 529 is the official college savings plan of California. With 100% tax-free growth, families can have up to 25% more money for higher education – funds which can be used for a range of qualified expenses at eligible schools nationwide. So whether a child is headed to an Ivy League school or a culinary academy, needs funds for tuition or textbooks, ScholarShare 529 is a smart, tax-advantaged way to save for their bright future.
It’s back-to-school time! Read on for a few tips to make this school year the best yet for your child:
- Family engagement is the key to success – Decades of research proves that family engagement helps kids perform better in school and overall in their lives. Read with your child, help them with homework, stay connected with their teachers to help your child do their very best, ask questions about your child’s day and ensure they are prepared and on time for school each day. And join your local PTA! Parent engagement impacts student success and well-being far more than parents’ income, education or ZIP code.
- Be prepared for the school year – Give your student the best head-start they can get by being ready for the new school year when school begins. Connect with local organizations and resources to ensure your child has school supplies, new clothes and anything else they need, be sure to know when their school day begins and ends, connect with other parents in your area and keep yourself organized to make school mornings easier on your family.
- Engage with PTA – Join a local PTA at your child’s school or start your own! Download and print the “Why PTA” flier – available in six languages – to learn why your school needs a PTA. Encourage other parents at your child’s school to become more involved in their child’s education by joining the PTA. Learn more here.
- Send in your volunteer hours and historian report
- Send in your roster for 2017-2018
- Sign up for training on Saturday, May 20
- Send in any remaining membership dues
- Transition with the incoming board
- Last but not least, breathe in breathe out, you will survive the end of the year rush