PTA elections are taking place this month…..check out the job descriptions:
Board Job Descriptions – Council
Positions currently filled for next year….and available positions:
President Laura Raimondi
Executive Vice President Open
1st VP, Membership Marc McGeever
2nd VP, Communication Open
3rd VP, Parent Education Open
Treasurer Terri Jimenez
Financial Secretary Christine Gray
Thursday, April 27 to Saturday, April 29
The California State PTA Convention Committee is searching for volunteers.
- For every 4.5 hour shift you work, you can attend any other half-day at the Convention for free.
California State PTA’s Convention is in Ontario this year (April 27 – 29, 2018).
Sixth District PTA and Santa Clara Valley PTA are offering scholarships of up to $500 to PTA leaders who expect to be officers or chairpersons at their unit or council next school year.
are due to Santa Clara Valley PTA by Friday, March 30, 2018
- Full-time: $219 (price increases April 1 to $269)
- One day: $99 (price increases April 1 to $149)
Only on December 7 – 8, 2017!
Open a ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan and get a $50 Target gift card! This savings plan provides 100 percent tax-free growth and the opportunity to have up to 25 percent more money for college. On December 7 – 8, 2017, open your ScholarShare 529 account with $50 and set up an Automatic Contribution Plan of $25 or more for 6 months to get your $50 gift card.
ScholarShare 529 is the official college savings plan of California. With 100% tax-free growth, families can have up to 25% more money for higher education – funds which can be used for a range of qualified expenses at eligible schools nationwide. So whether a child is headed to an Ivy League school or a culinary academy, needs funds for tuition or textbooks, ScholarShare 529 is a smart, tax-advantaged way to save for their bright future.
Download the flier here and learn more about planning for college at www.capta.org/preparing-for-college.
It’s back-to-school time! Read on for a few tips to make this school year the best yet for your child:
- Family engagement is the key to success – Decades of research proves that family engagement helps kids perform better in school and overall in their lives. Read with your child, help them with homework, stay connected with their teachers to help your child do their very best, ask questions about your child’s day and ensure they are prepared and on time for school each day. And join your local PTA! Parent engagement impacts student success and well-being far more than parents’ income, education or ZIP code.
- Be prepared for the school year – Give your student the best head-start they can get by being ready for the new school year when school begins. Connect with local organizations and resources to ensure your child has school supplies, new clothes and anything else they need, be sure to know when their school day begins and ends, connect with other parents in your area and keep yourself organized to make school mornings easier on your family.
- Engage with PTA – Join a local PTA at your child’s school or start your own! Download and print the “Why PTA” flier – available in six languages – to learn why your school needs a PTA. Encourage other parents at your child’s school to become more involved in their child’s education by joining the PTA. Learn more here.
As a member of California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
We don’t want you to have to feel guilty, so lift that carpet and …
- Send in your roster for 2017-2018
- Sign up for training on Saturday, May 20
- Send in any remaining membership dues
- Transition with the incoming board
- Last but not least, breathe in breathe out, you will survive the end of the year rush