Cyber Safety Workshop
What you hope your kids (elementary, middle, and high) are doing online isn’t always what they’re actually doing.
Join us to learn how you can use The Smart Talk to get on the same page with your kids and establish an open conversation about digital safety. FREE EVENT.
- DATE: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
- PLACE: Gunderson High School, 622 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose 95136
- TIME: 6:00 PM Refreshments – 6:30 PM Program
Come and meet:
- Director of Resource Development at National PTA – Amy Sheldon
- California State PTA President – Diana McDonald
- SJUSD Student Services Director – Dane Caldwell-Holden
To RSVP, contact:
SPONSORED BY National PTA, California State PTA, Sixth District PTA, San Jose Unified Council PTA, San Jose Unified School District
What Do You Consider Lethal? Parent/Teen Safe Driving Workshop is being presented by Impact Teen Drivers and California Highway Patrol. This workshop is sponsored by Lincoln High School PTSA Parents and students are welcome. Spanish translation is being offered. The event is free.
Come learn more about:
- Strategies to keep your kids safe on the roads
- Graduated Drivers Licensing (GDL) Laws
- How you can help stop the #1 killer of teens – reckless and distracted driving
January 29, 2018 at 7:00 PM
Lincoln High School, Lincoln Center, 555 Dana Ave., San Jose 95126
San Jose Unified Town Hall Meeting will be held on Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM. The Meeting will be held at Leland High School.
You can learn more about the Town Hall on this Eventbrite page
Thursday November 16
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm– Meet & Greet
This year’s Legislative Round Table will explore three topics:
- Adequate funding: Even with the Prop 55 extension of Prop. 30 taxes, our funding is below average, and California’s schools rank in the bottom 5. LCFF improves equity, but does not address adequacy. How can we restore long-term increased stable funding for our children’s schools?
- Raising Teacher Status: In countries with high-performing schools, teachers are better trained, better paid, better supported, and better respected than in the US. How can we change the way we view the teaching profession, so that we can better recruit and retain and properly compensate our children’s teachers?
- Early Childhood Education: Santa Clara County’s Superintendent of Schools says the County Office’s work on early learning is its highest priority project. How can we improve access to high quality, affordable, early learning for allof California’s children?
Come discuss these topics with our State Senators & Assembly Members!
As we enter another exciting school year, SJUSD wants to share some important updates on what’s new at San José Unified and the focus for the year ahead. SJUSD also wants to hear your ideas for how we can work together to keep this the most innovative school district in the nation.
SJUSD invites you to join us for a district-wide Town Hall Meeting in the cafeteria at Willow Glen High School at 6pm on Monday, September 25th.
DATE AND TIME
Mon, September 25, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
Willow Glen High School Cafeteria
2001 Cottle Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125
This is an open and honest discussion of best communication techniques with teens, behavior management and why sometimes we need to let our kids fail…come hear our speaker, Susan Stone Belton as she provides parents
wisdom and not just theory.
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017
Mission City Center for Performing Arts
(next to Wilcox High School)
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Space is limited, please RSVP
Sponsored by Wilcox High School PTSA
Sign up for the webinar, Back-to-School Strategies,Thursday, August 24 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Join California State PTA to learn about more resources, tips and tools to help grow your PTA membership this back-to-school season.