Thursday, September 27, 2018
6:00PM – 7:00PM
The Board of Education will hold a PUBLIC HEARING during the regular session meeting on Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as practicable in the Board Room of the District office located at 855 Lenzen Avenue, San José, California to receive comments regarding the Pupil Textbook and Instructional Materials for grades TK-12. The District, pursuant to Education code Sections 60119 (1) must provide the following assurances:
Make a determination through Resolution 2019-09-27-01 as to whether each pupil in the District has or will have prior to the end of the fiscal year sufficient textbooks or instructional materials, or both, in each subject including Health and Foreign Languages 6-12, Science Lab Equipment 9-12, that are consistent with the content and cycles of curriculum frameworks adopted by the State Board.
Public Hearings are open to the public.
Sixth District is having a Tax Help Day on Tuesday, October 16th from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM (last appointment will be at 7:00 PM).
Santa Clara County Office of Education, 1290 Ridder Park Dr., San Jose, (408) 453-6500
If you’d like to come by and see how it’s done – please do! Diane Foote will be there all day.
Several other Sixth District officers will be there at different times during the day. We can complete the IRS, FTB, and RRF-1 filings for units that grossed under $50K. Units need to bring their 2017-2018 AFR.
Diane can offer advice to units that make over $50K.
- President (101 and 201)
- Treasurer (102 and 202)
- Membership (103)
- Communications and Social Media (104)
- Introduction to the California School Dashboard (205)
- Parliamentarian (106)
- Engaging Families and Building Communities (107)
- Electronic Membership (203)
- Fundraising (204)
- Legislation (105)
- Secretary (206)
- Council Leaders – What You Need to Know (207)
- PTA 411 (301)
- Budget (302)
- Programs and Family Engagement (303)
- Understanding Culture to Recruit and Retain a Diverse Board (304)
- Hot Topics in Health & Community Concerns (305)
- Bylaws & E-Bylaws (306) ***
- Building Teams and Handling Conflict (307)
Peterson Middle School
1380 Rosalia Ave
- Use the CA School Dashboard online tool to measure school & district success.
- Search for and analyze your school’s data.
- Understand how the Dashboard data & the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) work together.
- Explore your role in helping your school and school district succeed in the coming year!
- This workshop will focus on developing leadership skills to assist in creating and managing cohesive relationships in your PTA work. We will walk you through practical steps to prevent and manage conflict, and the information learned in this workshop can also be useful in other aspects of your personal life.
- It’s different outside the individual unit! Understand your new role as a council leader. Required officer positions will be covered. You are an important link in the PTA structure, and there are resources and tools to help you support your members.
- Council and District PTAs have the responsibility to collect and review financial reports and tax filings. What does that mean? Let’s get together and discuss the financial documents you should be collecting (and forwarding to Sixth District), what you’re looking for in these documents, and how to communicate with units what you found in reviewing their financial documentation. We have the cheat sheets and can help you develop a strategy for collecting and reviewing. Financial health is only one indication of the health of a PTA.
8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Peterson Middle School
1380 Rosalia Dr., Sunnyvale 94087
San José Unified will host the third and final districtwide town hall meeting of the school year on Monday, April 30th, from 6-8pm in the Lincoln High School Media Center. All families, students, staff, and community members are encouraged to attend.
The district portion of this town hall will focus on the use of Measure Y parcel tax funds. Options will be presented for feedback from the public. There will be an open forum after that. Board, Council, and Cabinet members will be in attendance and will respond questions, comments, and concerns as time permits. The district office will publish formal responses following the meeting.
Please eRSVP on Eventbrite.