A student’s education doesn’t end once they walk across that high-school graduation stage. That’s why California State PTA has two scholarships to help high school seniors achieve their college dreams and life goals.
- $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship – This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, and allows them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools
- $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship – Honoring the volunteer and public-service legacy of Dr. Ralph E. White and his wife, Eleanor, this scholarship provides $500 each to two successful applicants of the Volunteer Service Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
Applications are due February 1. All scholarship applications require current membership at PTAs in good standing, so if you know a student who is not yet a PTA member but is interested in applying, be sure to contact your local PTA to join today or join online at www.capta.org/join!
Apply online at www.capta.org/scholarships/graduating-high-school-seniors.
On January 1, 2019, a vacancy on the Governing Board of the San Jose Unified School District (SJUSD) will occur when Pamela Foley begins her term of office as a member of the San Jose City Council.
The SJUSD Board of Education shall make a provisional appointment within 60 days of the date of the vacancy per its bylaws. The provisional appointee will serve until the term of office expires in November 2020.
Candidates seeking additional information are to contact the SJUSD Public Information Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-535-6444.
Does your school measure up? Find out using the California School Dashboard.
Hear from California State PTA leaders about this resource for families and schools. The California School Dashboard was released last fall and a new and improved Dashboard is on its way.
It’s mobile friendly, has new information and is translated into Spanish. The Dashboard is becoming the go-to place to find out how well your school and its students are doing, and where improvement is needed.
This brief webinar will show you how to access the Dashboard and how to use it to identify questions that need asking. We’ll also talk about how to get answers to those questions.
Join our webinar discussion on Wednesday, December 12 at 6 p.m.
Register today to learn more about this important resource from the California Department of Education: http://ow.ly/IwpM30mNTjz.
SJU Council Holiday Party on 12/3 has been changed to the Sixth District Holiday gathering on 12/9 from 3:00pm – 6:00pm at 4954 Minas Drive, SJ CA 95136. Please RSVP to L.email@example.com
Come and join us for our community viewing of Angst. Angst is a documentary designed to raise awareness around anxiety. A discussion about anxiety will follow the viewing.
Free babysitting for ages 3-4 and activities for students in K-5th. Snacks will be provided.
- December 6th 6:00 to 8:00 PM – Pioneer High School
- December 10th 6:00 to 8:00 PM – Hoover Middle School
Please join us and our local candidates as we discuss their possibilities platform. If elected, how will they make our most vulnerable children their priority? How will what they do make a difference for our children?
To preview how all candidates responded to issues about children please see: https://www.sccvoteforkids.org/
Thursday, October 25 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Joyce Ellington Branch Library, 491 East Empire Street, Community Room, San Jose
San Jose Unified School District Board of Education, Area 2
San Jose Unified School District Board of Education, Area 4
REGISTER TO ATTEND
Learn how to work together as a school team to improve student achievement. Please join us if you are a committee member or you are interested in the purpose and function of one of the following committees:
- SSC-School Site Council
- SELAC-School English Learner Advisory Committee
- PTA-Parent Teacher Association
- Advocate for your student.
- Online registration
- Or return this form below to your school office by November 14, 2018